Pro Enhancement: Rearrange Maps and Layouts in the Thingamajigger using the Drop Down Doohickey

10-28-2018 02:12 PM
Labels (1)
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

In Pro, I know I can open up maps and layouts in the order that I want them in, but that rarely lasts, and I find myself, in general, wanting to move maps and layouts around in the top thingamajigger so I just "see and click" to switch between a map and layout. Sure would be handy if the Drop Down Doohickey allowed one to "drag" maps and layouts, so I can arrange items in the topthingamajigger the way that I want. (No, dragging them sideways really doesn't work well). My idea is that mouse-over the icon would invoke the drag up or down behavior....mouse over the text is what opens it.

In order to compel more upvotes, here's the idea in the context of Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around - YouTube 

ESRI, I know you'll listen
The next version put this in
I said ya, well
What am I supposed to do
Drag my maps is what I'm telling you

So you think this is a great idea
Pro causes me hyperpnea
Start draggin' my
Start draggin' my
Start draggin' my MAP around

6 Comments
KoryKramer

To clarify, it's from the map view's drop-down, not within the Catalog Pane:

ThomasColson

I believe the doohickey you mention is what I refer to....

ThomasColson

Kory Kramer‌ what is the name of that drop down arrow, BTW? I'm developing some training materials and want to refer to it correctly......

KoryKramer

I’m not aware of a specific name for it, but general guidance for documentation is to use “drop-down menu” or “drop-down arrow”. It might state something like, “Click the drop-down arrow to see all views […]”.

by Anonymous User

Oof, this is a post from 5 years ago....I wish I could give it more than 1 Kudo. Thank you!

wayfaringrob