Select to view content in your preferred language

Organizing of Maps within a Project

03-30-2017 11:21 AM
Labels (1)
HannahShepherd1
Occasional Contributor

Providing a feature in the Project Contents to allow a user to organize their Maps would create more room for ArcPro implementation within a teams workflow structure. This could be a similar platform to Window Explorer where a user as the ability to create folders as well as see the last time a map was modified. Subsequently, a dynamic text referencing the map location within multiple folder would be of great use as well. 

Fingers Crossed!

PS - My team's current ArcMap workflow contains multiple .mxd files within tiered folder locations for each development project with a .mxd document path file reference in the layout. Our workflow transition from ArcMap to ArcPro would be almost full strength should the map organization become better in ArcPro.

42 Comments
BlairPellegrino

Agreed!  That functionality would be super useful for both maps and layouts.  Currently I rely on naming conventions to 'group' maps and layouts, but this can lead to a very long list for a project with lots of mapping requirements.  The ability to create subfolders would be great!

SRK
by

My peers and i were so confused when switching to pro that such a simple but big quality of life improvment was not implemented from the start, but to see it took 4 years to consider it and has been put into the backlog for over 3 years now...