Make the summary statistics geoprocessing tool easier to use

09-06-2011 12:39 PM
ThomasDilts
Occasional Contributor III

Make the summary statistics geoprocessing tool easier to use.  If I've got one hundred fields that I want summarized I currently have to go in and add each one individually and specify the summary statistic to use.  This is too onerous so I tend to export my tables to excel for this step.  Other geoprocessing tools have the ability to add/remove all fields.  I'd also like to have the ability to highlight a block of fields and set their summary statistic automatically for all of the highlighted fields.

3 Comments
deleted-user-dvQnsQnLyXgr
Yes, I agree 100% with this idea, because I deal alot with these type of summaries and it does take a lot of time to add the fields one by one. I would rather add all fields or block for the statistics as well as all fields or block for Case fields. Thanks for the idea.
GregGoldman1

Esri should model this tool after Caliper's TransCAD where the Summary Statistics tool calculates the count, sum, minimum, maximum, mean, and standard deviation at the touch of a button.

KoryKramer

In ArcGIS Pro you can add many or all of the fields at once:

KoryKramer_0-1614261649142.png

What is still missing then would be to highlight multiple (shift+click and/or ctrl+click) and set the statistic for those all at once.