Lock/unlock grouped elements from table of contents

08-24-2021 08:32 AM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

For some reason, while the lock/unlock icon is visible in the layout TOC, it cannot be clicked to lock/unlock elements that are grouped. It's grayed out:

rburkebsrc_0-1629819071474.png

You can lock and unlock by clicking the parent's lock icon, but that locks everything. Sometimes, I want certain sub-elements locked. You do this by selecting and opening the Element panel and checking "Locked" there, but that's a lot of extra steps for something that could be available in the TOC like with parent layers/elements.

Tags (1)
2 Comments
Geobunga

Did you ever figure out if there was a way to change this behavior? I have been working up templates for my company and have been ungrouping grouped elements to allow me to lock/unlock individual elements, then putting them back into the group when I'm done. However, as of today all the sudden most of my elements have the lock faded out and won't allow me to lock or unlock from the contents pane even when not in a group. These are elements that were previously in a group and now taken out, so it seems maybe they aren't updating their lockable status when taken out of the group anymore. This is frustrating to say the least...

wayfaringrob

@Geobunga  idk, you never know if it's like that for some reason, a bug, or an oversight. If you have access to My Esri and the time to deal with it, you could show tech support and see if they want to log a bug or enhancement request, but whether and when they get around to doing anything about it is anyone's guess.