Legend of Profile: Attribute field value instead of OID

10-04-2019 07:34 AM
Labels (1)
StephanieGoudeseune
New Contributor II

In my example, I have several cross lines on a channel. I want to make Profile sections of them. This can easily be done by creating a Profile graph of the 3D lines.

Though for display in the legend, the line is automatically taking the OBJECTID/FEATUREID/OID. It would be more user friendly to give the option to use 1 or more attribute values for the reference. In my case: I would like to use the Chainage value and the colour.

Tags (2)
2 Comments
RayWeiser1

I agree, it would be nice to be able to select the field are used in the profile legend.  I've got a profile chart showing three profile lines: a sewer line running beneath a dry lake bed, ground elevation from survey grade GPS at regular distances along the line (converted to a linear feature), and a line representing ground elevation interpolated from a DTM generated from drone data/Pix4D.  OID values have no meaning in the profile legend (or any legend I've ever used for that matter).  Only thing I can think is that developers may have needed it to be a unique value, which user identified fields may not be.  If that's the case, perhaps the label value itself can be manually changed from the OID value to something else via an alias?  

JesseCrofutt

I also agree this would be great. Right now my lines are labelled with Object IDs which zero people care about. This makes the profile graph completely useless for displaying more than one row at a time. Worse, I can't remove them.