Labeling continues even when layer switched off

12-06-2021 03:17 AM
Labels (1)
IlkaIllers1
Occasional Contributor III

In ArcMap, when I switched a layer/group of layers off in the TOC, the labeling associated with it would automatically be switched off too. In ArcGIS Pro, I have to manually switch off the labeling separately, which is annoying - why would I want the labels if the feature class isn't displayed?

5 Comments
JohannesLindner

Labels ARE switched on and off with the layer.

Sounds like you have to wait for the map to refresh or manually refresh it.

MichaelVolz

How long are you waiting for the labels to switch off after switching off the layer?  I notice a slight lag for labels to switch off after the vector data, but it is only 1-2 seconds.

Where is the data stored for this specific layer?

Does the same issue occur for other layers?

IlkaIllers1

The lag was more like 5min, which I didn't wait for until now. The map was refreshed automatically and manually and still no change. Might be a general problem with the machine more than with Pro (it wouldn't be the only IT issue I have atm). 

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Already Offered

As others have stated, labels should turn off when a layer is turned off. 

TurnOffLabeling.gif

If you are seeing differently or experiencing something that is not expected, you can troubleshoot the behavior with Esri Community members through the ArcGIS Pro Questions board, or contact Technical Support.

Thank you.

MichaelVolz

Some additional help from other GeoNet posts

Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro - Esri Community

Pro also requires much better hardware than arcmap does, so run your computer's ability check on this page to rule out anything not so obvious

ArcGIS Pro 2.9 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation