When I have to run a task such as this, I usually
- Select features first
- Right click on layer,
- Click Selection
- Choose ‘Create Layer from Selected Features’
- Label New layerProduces dynamic labelsOtherwise:
- Select Features with Labels turned On
- Right click on layer
- Convert Labels to Annotation
- Choose ‘In the map’ and Selected features’Produces static labels
Obviously, a tool on a toolbar to Label Selected Features will minimize these steps.
Likewise, I'd love to have the ability to quickly label only selected features and also quickly generate a label class from selected features. I would envision it looking/working something like the items shown in the included images.
I had downloaded a script for ArcMap 9.x that created a tool that did exactly what you are describing, however, I cannot get it to load in ArcMap 10. This would be a valuable tool!!!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.