Label Description text generated automatically in the Symbology Tab

01-17-2012 11:15 PM
HarrietPreece1
New Contributor II

A good idea would be to allow the "Label Description" text to be generated automatically using data from another field.

Currently you can edit the label description using cut & paste or manually typing a (usually) lengthy description. A better idea would be if this information could come automatically from another attribute instead of manually using the "Edit description" in the Symbology Tab of the Layer Properties.

This type of already functionality exists if you want to symbolize using Multiple Attributes, Quantity by category, but not for symbolizing unique values.

Tags (1)
1 Comment
TiffanyPuett1
Yes!!  I was going to post something similar to this but I think the functionality you are asking for would solve my problem as well.  

I want to be able to toggle or choose what value to use for the label.  For example, when using coded domains the label for the symbol comes from the coded description.  Currently there is no easy way to quickly say I want to use the "value" or "code" instead for the label without having to type it in manually for the label.0EME0000000TTzV