Improve Profile Graph in ArcPro - flash point on line

05-03-2019 10:48 AM
Labels (1)
MVP Frequent Contributor

In ArcMap once you have created a profile graph you can interact with it by clicking on the line to flash a green dot on the feature the graph is built from. I use this all the time when analysing cross sections of rivers in their floodplain.  As it stands the profile graph in ArcPro is pretty poor. With it's clunky, non-intuitive workflow which users are scream out for improvement in this idea and the lack of any inter-activeness it needs a serious revamp. 

6 Comments

So, like you pointed out, really just a part of this idea: https://community.esri.com/ideas/14771-pro-add-the-profile-graph-tool-as-it-works-in-arcmap

Kory,

Yes my idea is strongly linked to the other idea. They don't explicitly mention the insanely useful click-on-graph-flash-on-line aspect of the tool in ArcMap so I felt it needed stating. If your intentions are are to merge this idea into theirs then I think that appropriate.

Duncan

Thanks, Duncan.  We can keep both ideas, and just track that as the profile graph/chart functionality is built out in Pro that a requirement is to include this type of functionality.

Kory, when can we expect the implementation of this idea?

Kory Kramer‌ per the below any update on this? 

For those on this thread, please check out the interactive elevation profile tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.7 and (7:29) in the ideas in 2.7 video to see the interactive feedback on the map/scene as you slide across the profile graph.  Does this meet your needs?  If not, please let us know what is missing.

Thanks!