IL training's attached to EDN Subscription for FREE

05-29-2013 06:11 AM
VenkatKondepati
New Contributor III

Hello ESRI Training and Certification Team,

I have an idea to encourage the GIS Professionals to take ESRI Certifications.

I observed that most of the Organizations are subscribing to EDN. Can you allow every EDN member to access required trainings from online for free with limited time and number of courses?

Not all the IL trainings but if EDN member selects one certification then allow him to register for required trainings from your full list. May be you can restrict the number of courses but it should be valid for one year. He can take the courses as per his convenient and as many times.

So this allows every EDN member to get benefit from training courses and take certification.

I have EDN subscription from 2011 but I did not get chance to take any courses which are not in free category.

I see the price for each IL course listed is around $1000 or more. Some of the web courses are $32 etc.

I hope this helps to grow our GIS professions skillset and create some positive competition among them to get attract towards certification and create best knowledge base.

This is not new idea but Microsoft provides similar benefits to MSDN members.

I hope you will consider this idea and think about implementation.

Myself:
12 + years of GIS industry experience (GIS Analyst, GIS Developer, GIS Technical Lead / Consultant and GIS Architect roles)

Now I would like to take Enterprise System Design certification.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venkat

1 Comment
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Agree. IL courses that are freely available to EDN subscribers would increase the knowledge of its holders and the desire to maintain them.