Identify/Explore tool: Display feature's symbology & symbol label in the popup window

12-07-2022 01:30 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

I have cases where a layer has information in the symbology class label, but not as an attribute. (The layer isn't mine; I wouldn't have set it up like that.)

For example, someone has manually typed UNIT information into the symbology label; there isn't a UNIT field in the layer.

When using the Explore/Identify tool on features, it would help if the feature's symbology information could be displayed in the Explore/Identify window (including the symbol label). That would give me an easy way to know what UNIT the polygon pertains to. Otherwise, each time I Explore/Identify on a feature, I need to look at the attribute (i.e. COLOR), then manually look up the corresponding value/label in the symbology (i.e. the UNIT). That technically works, but is a nuisance and error prone if done often.

Bud_1-1670404981894.png

Idea:

Could ArcGIS Pro be enhanced so that the Identify/Explore tool displays the feature's symbology in the popup window? (including the symbol label)

It could be an optional setting.

Thanks.

ArcGIS 3.0.3