Font for electric symbols

08-26-2020 04:08 AM
Labels (1)
MariaThors
New Contributor II

I would like to have a font for these symbols, see the attached picture (EL-symbols.png). I have created EMF files that we use at the moment, but they don't render very well. I know somebody with the right software could create it in 10 minutes. 

I like symbols in fonts as they work well on all platforms.

PS. It seems I can't upload the emf-files, but I can provide them later if needed.

6 Comments
KoryKramer

Do the symbols in the Utilities style not meet your needs?  https://esri-styles.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c19eacd596794591a0fd8dd7aed38978 

I've personally never created my own font from images, but it does look like there are a number of services provided online that would allow one to do that.  Then those glyphs from the custom font should be able to be used.

MariaThors

I have not found the right symbols that our stakeholders want. We use ArcMap, so they must work there. I have created fonts in the past, but I have found nothing for Windows 10 that works right for this type of font creation. 

EdiePunt
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi Maria, this idea is categorized under ArcGIS Pro, but I want to confirm that you need the symbols for ArcMap? We can create new ArcGIS Pro symbols, but they will not work in ArcMap. 

KoryKramer

Hi @MariaThors I wanted to follow up here to make sure that you saw Edie's comment above.  Could you please respond?  Thank you!

MariaThors

electric-symbols.jpg

Thanks, I don't remember if I saw this, at this point it would help to at least have the symbols for ArcGIS Pro. How would I go forward with that?

These symbols are emf files which are difficult to work with.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Open