Export Multiple Layouts to .pdf/.emf etc in ArcGIS Pro

05-10-2018 08:07 AM
Labels (1)
SeanHlousek
Occasional Contributor III

It would be a nice feature to select multiple layouts and then right-click and choose "Export All".  (To .pdf or other formats).  

Then, while ArcGIS Pro is exporting the different layouts be able to continue working as this process is handled in the background.

Basically a "Batch Export" is what I'm suggesting.

17 Comments
KoryKramer

For the part about exporting in the background please visit Pro - Make print and export processes run in background

deleted-user-sYHsW3p_gN5o

Looks like this is a possibility in ArcPy (see this Stack Exchange post), but agreed that I'd like to see it as a tool in Pro. We have a set of maps we have to update quarterly, and there's 16+ to export each time.

LeviCecil

It would be nice to be able to do this. 

RobLyons

Agree, I can’t imagine the programming would be that complicated.  Some of my projects have like 20 exhibits (layouts).  One command would be much easier than spending 30 seconds a layout (a total of 10 minutes) waiting for each to execute before you can switch layouts to start the next one.  And make sure this isn't confused with the old Data Driven pages option (now called Map Series), this is not the same thing.  The layouts can be drastically different with varying Legends, inserted graphics, text, etc.  A map series option would not work for this.  

ChadCoziahr

This functionality is absolutely essential in my opinion. It saves such an incredible amount of time on large projects.

Unfortunately, it is NOT in ArcMap either, but a tool was scripted by someone with Python. Is the same possible for Pro?

BrettShaver

This would be a fantastic addition!  Great idea

AlexZhuk

Why fantastic? It should be a natural addition! What were they thinking?

BlairDeaver3

Hello-

As an ArcGIS Pro user I would like to have an easier more efficient way of bulk exporting many layouts in an active ArcGIS Pro Project.  I suspect there is an automation route via ArcPy, but it seem having a simple 'Bulk Export' option in the Layout context menu would be very helpful.  The bulk export option would allow users to export multiple layouts based on an export format and folder path.

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 6.22.24 PM.png

Thank you for your consideration.

Cheers,
Blair

jcarlson

It would be a very simple Python statement, so getting it into the GUI seems like it'd be easy enough. I think this is a great idea!

aprx = arcpy.mp.ArcGISProject("CURRENT")

for l in aprx.listLayouts():
    l.exportToPDF('some/dir/' + l.name + '.pdf')

MiguelMartinezYordan

Please enable an option to export all or selected layouts from a project, including layouts configure as Map Series.