Error Inspector: Make "Select Features" work for non-spatial tables

01-25-2023 08:49 AM
Labels (1)
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3

I have defined Validation Attribute Rules on feature classes and non-spatial tables in my Enterprise gdb and published those datasets as feature service to our Portal.

After evaluating the Validation Rules, I can select an error feature in the error inspector and select the feature that caused the error with the "Features" button.

JohannesLindner_0-1674665035518.png

However, this does not work if the error is caused in a non-spatial table:

JohannesLindner_1-1674665120029.png

I can get to the table row by using the ObjectID, but that takes a lot of time and is a very bad user experience.

Please make the "Features" button also select rows in non-spatial tables.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
Scott_Harris
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@JohannesLindner I can't reproduce the issue. This standalone table has a validation rule, and when I use the error inspector to select the errors, they are selected in the standalone table (in Pro 3.0).

tblerror.gif

Your specific scenario might be a bit different in some way, so it should be investigates as a potential bug by Esri Technical Support

JohannesLindner

I just tested it on my personal ArcGIS Pro (also 3.0.3), and it works as expected, with the same feature service.

Must be something with my setup at work. Thanks for checking!

JohannesLindner

Ah, nevermind, I found the issue:

If you drag&drop the feature service into your map, it gets grouped in a layer. If you let it stay that way, then you can't select the error row for tables.

If you ungroup the service layer, it works.

Scott_Harris

@JohannesLindner Thanks for that additional detail. We can test that further, and hopefully have it resolved for a future release. If you need/want to track a bug for it, you would have to contact Esri Technical Support.

Scott_Harris
Status changed to: Already Offered

see comments here for additional details