Duplicate label class

01-13-2020 11:18 AM
Labels (1)
MarcelSt-Germain
Occasional Contributor III

In arcmap, when we created a label class, all the features of the selected class is repeated.  Now, in pro, all is clear in each label class created.

So, add, in the menu, duplicate label  class to save time.

10 Comments
KoryKramer

There is discussion about this over here https://community.esri.com/ideas/12324 

TimAlbert

Duplicate Label Class would be very helpful as there are so many detailed settings in a label class it takes quite a bit of effort to reproduce them.

Amanda__Huber

Our organization would also like to see this functionality available in Pro. 

Duplicate label classes would save us a lot of set up time when working with multi-scale mapping. 

Thank you!

Amanda__Huber

@MarcelSt-Germain  and @TimAlbert I found it! There's a way to do this! (It's not in the normal places you may look for these settings).

Create a new "blank" label class then in your Table of Contents pane > select the "list by labeling" option>  go to the labeling class you're looking to copy > right click on it and you'll see a copy option> copy these label class properties> right click on your new label class and paste these settings! It works like a charm!

Amanda__Huber_0-1613412235791.png

When pasting you'll also see a variety of options

Amanda__Huber_1-1613412312419.png

@KoryKramer any way to put this functionality in a more intuitive place? 🙂 

Thanks, 
Amanda

MarcelSt-Germain

Thanks Amanda,

Effectively Maybe, Kory, leave option to do it automatically like in arcmap leaving this way as an option.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and (2:57) in the video.

Amanda__Huber

@KoryKramer so excited for all of these changes!

Thank you for sharing and all the hard work of the ArcGIS Pro's team. 

MichaelRobb2

Brilliant, I'm shocked I have only just found this out, saves so much time faffing about 😁

HollyTorpey_LSA

@KoryKramer It would be great to also add the duplicate class option to the hamburger menu in the Class tab of the Labeling pane.

HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1699037528540.png

Thanks!