Drawing features in ArcGIS Explorer

04-28-2010 01:51 AM
KristofVydt1
New Contributor II

The current notes-based functionality can be saved as *.nmc or *.nmf files, which are of no use when you want to bring this information into ArcGIS Desktop/Server. Or I'd like some functionality to read/import notes into ArcGIS Desktop, or I'd like to upgrade the notes functionality to feature functionality.

There are already 2 enhancement requests registered that refer to similar improvements:

- Provide editing functionality to create and edit simple features (point, line, polygon) in ArcGIS Explorer (NIM046124)
- It would be very helpful if there is a tool for ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server that could open, read, convert nmf files.  (NIM010897)

2 Comments
JohnSobetzer
There is an Arcscript that I've downloaded and tested that allows ArcMap to read nmc files and then they can be exported to other formats like shapefiles.  It is called ArcGIS Explorer Notes Integration and it had an AS16766 number at Arcscripts.
BernSzukalski
The next release of ArcGIS Explorer (build 1500) will support export to layer packages for use in ArcGIS Desktopo.