Defining default value for "Allow assignement of unique numeric IDs for map service publishing"

12-12-2016 02:55 AM
Labels (1)
servicesigu
New Contributor III

When you create a new data frame the value of the property "Allow assignement of unique numeric IDs for map service publishing" is unchecked. The ESRI support says It's impossible to check it by default.

It's possible to define other properties for data frame but not this one with the ArcObjects.

More over I don't find any property or method that could do this. That's crazy ...

It's not possible in python ...

6 Comments
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

The option to "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers" in Pro should be set ON by default.

It seems like we would almost ALWAYS want this setting ON when publishing services. 

By enabling this as the default setting, it would eliminate the need for the user to explicitly set this for every map they use to publish services from.

Thanks.

MatthiasKl

I can only agree with @servicesigu and @JayJohnsonWashoeCounty . An option to set a default value for the checkbox Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers in the Map Properties dialog box of newly added maps is urgently needed. We use server extensions that rely on the layer ids remaining the same.

MariaRosana_Báez

Every time I want to share an element in ArcGIS Online, in the Share As pane, after analyzing the element, the error 00374 appears in the messages indicating that the unique numeric IDs are not assigned.

I hace to access the map properties and check the box ☑️Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing wab layer. 

This parameter could be set by default, as it is shown as an error that must be corrected to share or publish elements.

MariaRosana_Bez_2-1677272734185.png

MariaRosana_Bez_1-1677272610522.png

RandyCasey

This should either be addressed through Options, with a property to either have it always checked, for those of us that publish regularly, or have it unchecked if you publish rarely or never at all; or allow the ability to right-click the error message in the analysis output window and set the property there, like we do when we reconcile the spatial references in map when they don't match. Better yet, do both.

RobRader1

For some reason the Esri planned enhancement of : Add the option "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for map service publishing" for Relationship Classes. ; has been linked to this thread. The original Idea is actually here: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/allow-the-unique-assignment-of-relationship-ids/idi-p...

I am providing this information for those that followed the link in the enhancement and may be confused.  The enhancement in question is: 

https://support.esri.com/en-us/enhancement/add-the-option-allow-assignment-of-unique-numeric-ids-f-e...

MeganHaleGIS

I would love a default setting for this. If I have to click the button every time I want to share to the web, it doesn't make sense that there is no option to set it as default. Alternatively, you could have the check box to set this property appear in the same area as the analyze tool when sharing to prevent having to navigate into map properties. If I had to guess, I've probably spent hours of my life checking this box.