Data Driven Pages: More Sophisticated Clipping

10-12-2010 07:35 AM
Labels (1)
MarianneFarretta
Esri Contributor

With Data Driven Pages, I would like more sophisticated clipping abilities.  For example, instead of offering simply "clip to current data driven page extent," consider a "clip to... with a *blank* mile buffer."  It's too tedious with a big map book to create buffers around every single polygon on your own, and diminishes the automation benefit.

I would also welcome a way to select by individual feature, not just layer, that which will be excluded from the clip.

Thank you!

4 Comments
toddcomer
"I would also welcome a way to select by individual feature, not just layer, that which will be excluded from the clip. "

ArcMap did work that way prior to v10.
KirkHayer
Or use of different mask for each page
DianeBaker

In ArcMap I use the exclude layers from my data driven pages extents as well.  Right now the lettering that should appear around the edges of my pages are hit and miss from my inablity to exclude them from the clip.  Very frustrated.  I'm having to add white polygons around every page I need to export to hide what I don't want.

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Closed

Map Series in ArcGIS Pro supports map extent options and map frame constraints that should help with these kinds of workflows.