Confine Dispersed Markers within a Polygon:
Issue: Converting coincident point featureclasses to representations allows cartographers to disperse the points (symbols/markers) so that they no longer overlap and are visible. However, when the disperse markers tool is used, the newly dispersed symbols are no longer spatially oriented and are allowed to disperse broadly and conflict with other markers.
Idea: We would like to see a tool that disperses coincident point featureclasses (point symbols) and/or representations (aka markers) within a defined polygon. Furthermore, it would be a greater enhancement if the symbols/markers were scaled to "fit" within the defined polygon so a not to "spill" into adjacent polygons or conflict with adjacent symbols/markers.
1. Symbols: USA College Logos
2. Polygon(s😞 Contiguous United States; each state.
3. Symbol Location: Each college logo is placed at the center (centroid) of each State (e.g. all TX colleges are stacked coincidently at the centroid of Texas) before being dispersed.
4. Goal of Map Display: After the new tool is run - a map of the United States that has the logos of each college dispersed within the respective state's borders.
1. Symbols: Pharmaceutical Companies Operating in California counties
2. Polygon(s😞 California Counties (all)
3. Symbol Location: Each pharmaceutical company's name is placed at the center (centroid) of each county (e.g. Abbatt, Baxxter, Reggan, GTx, Rocher, etc are stacked coincidently at the centroid of each county) before being dispersed.
4. Goal of Map Display: After the new tool is run - a map of California is produced and the pharmaceutical company names are dispersed within each respective county where they have offices.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.