Classic Traverse Grid Option in Pro

10-01-2020 06:44 AM
Geographic_Mythos
New Contributor III
In ArcMap, the Traverse grid allowed certain curve parameters before keying in the data. I'd like an option to use the "Classic" interface of the Traverse Tool for ease of working with curve data, instead of typing in various "shortcut" abbreviations while entering curve data.

I've added the ArcMap Traverse window with one of the curve options for reference as an attachment.

3 Comments
AmirBar-Maor

Thanks Josh

We can improve the existing traverse to include features that are missed. If I understand correctly the requirement is to have explicit curve definition dropdown menus instead of using the shortcuts like 90d for delta angle of 90 degrees or 'rb' for radial bearing.

Please confirm

Geographic_Mythos

Amir,

Thanks for getting back.

The user that requested that functionality was wanting to have an option to do explicit curves as you understood it.

Thanks.

JeffWard

I'm partial to the Parcel Fabric entry grid in ArcMap myself. With that, I could stay on the 10-key for a whole subdivision, other than having to pan the map or zoom in and out. With Pro's version I have to click on the start and end point for every lot line - where before I could enter point numbers as the beginning point and if it was close enough the end point was automatically populated. I realize that would be difficult to add that to the current interface, so this may be a pipe dream. I was much faster getting a subdivision done in ArcMap's parcel fabric entry grid than Pro's.