Attribute table refresh button should always be available

01-23-2023 11:34 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

When editing in the attribute table, there are times when the attribute table refresh button is greyed-out, yet a refresh is needed/wanted.

Example:

One-to-many join - editing duplicate input table rows

Bud_0-1674501875896.gif

It’s slightly annoying when the refresh button is unavailable. I need to click around in the attribute table to get it to be enabled again, which seems arbitrary.

Could that behavior be changed so that the refresh button is always available?

Thanks.

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3

4 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@Bud and @RXP_GIS The table's Refresh button is disabled while you are actively editing. Look at the row header (the "editing pencil"). Are either of you seeing a scenario where the table Refresh is not available when you are not editing? If so, can you provide an example of that? 

Bud
by

@KoryKramer 

Are either of you seeing a scenario where the table Refresh is not available when you are not editing?

I suppose not.

Why not make the refresh button available all the time, even when editing a cell? If we were to hit the refresh button when editing a cell, then it could save & refresh all in one action. That would avoid the need for an extra click (clicking away from the edited cell to stop editing).

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Open

I guess we can open the idea up again given that we understand Refresh is disabled when actively editing a cell.

To better understand the request, say you're typing in a cell. Rather than staying on the keyboard and hitting 'Enter', you would go to your mouse, move down to the Refresh button in order to commit the edit (and refresh the table at the same time)?

Is there a reason that you need to continuously refresh the table while editing cells?

Again, the idea is open for voting - just trying to better understand the potential for improvement here.

Thank you.

Bud
by

Thanks @KoryKramer.

The use case stems from this scenario: One-to-many join - editing duplicate input table rows.

Essentially, after every cell edit, the other duplicated rows become out of date, which is confusing to look at. I'd rather refresh regularly so that I'm seeing up-to-date data.