arcgisscripting and arcpy object model diagrams

08-17-2010 09:00 AM
Labels (1)
NathanWarmerdam
New Contributor III

For python scripters, the most useful piece of documentation at 9.x was the Geoprocessing Programming Model (seen here: http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/pdf/Geoprocessor_93.pdf).  This is extraordinarily useful because it presents the whole of arcgisscripting concisely on a single page.

In the documentation for 10.0, this item cannot be found for arcgisscripting or arcpy.  Can you please add this?

68 Comments
DavidJuliano
This was a great reference in 9.3, especially since the methods have changed and are case-sensitive in 10.
SebastianAraya
original post was more than a year ago...still no PDF?
AdamCabrera
This needs to happen ASAP, there's no excuse for not having an object model.  This is just poor customer support.  I remember a few years back at the UC Jack talking about improved documentation.  How does improved intellisense equal better documentation.
SergioHenrici

Great ...

emkay
by
this diagram really sold me on using arcgis 9.3... I do not like the idea of not having it to work with in arcgis 10
Charlene
Definitely required since there are so many subtle changes that a quick reference guide such as an OMD will most effectively clarify for us all (10 seconds glance at an OMD versus 10 minutes search through help files). If ESRI feels a single poster will be too large then it's simple enough to split into two or more panels (with text referencing which panel the object is expanded on). With all the talented people on staff at ESRI, I bet they could have this completed and posted within a week. Enough of us have requested this - it's about time!
SeanPack
Definitely needed -- thumbs up.
BradFisher3
Essential ingredient please....
AlanToms

Please create this model.

BryanTaylor
I can't believe the lack of documentation extends this far....just when I abandon one plan of attack because of a lack of documentation.....guess what I run into?  Another lack of documentation.  Don't realease the new version guys unless the documentation is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!