ArcGISPro Georeferencing control point table

10-11-2022 07:23 AM
Labels (1)
ToddHawley1
New Contributor II

When georeferencing rasters I often select control points like normal then I open the point control table and manually edit the source x and y coordinates to shift position and observe the overall local match rather than the exact point I selected.  I think it would be very useful to have up and down arrows for each link in the table  that would allow the user to nudge the x and y values independently for each link to fine tune the referencing. Alternatively, the up/down arrows could be on the toolbar with a radio button for x/y and adjust the selected link record. This would be include a textbox preferably on the control point table toolbar that allows the user to set the increment for the nudge.  With this for instance you could set the increment to 0.1 and change the source X value from 2.5 to 2.6 to 2.7 etc.  For finer control it may be better to use the Map X and Y rather than source x and y since map values are much larger.  If the increment setting textbox was available it would be easy to find the level of adjustment the user desires.