ArcGIS Pro: Rearranging quick access toolbar tools by clicking and dragging

10-24-2019 02:13 PM
Labels (1)
JoshuaSwisher
New Contributor III

ArcPro should allow us to click and hold down the tools on the quick access toolbar to rearrange how we want them on the toolbar. Currently we have to go to "more commands" and click the up and down buttons on the quick access toolbar options to move them where we want. This could be made a bit easier.

On another note, it would be cool to be able to add another quick access toolbar row. I frequently use the quick access toolbar tools and they almost stretch from one side of the screen to the other. Id prefer to have most of them on the left side of the screen in two rows then have it stretch to the other side of the screen. Not sure how many other people would agree but its just a preference i have.

Current

Proposed

3 Comments
KoryKramer
DanielWhitworth

I completely agree with Kory. Some of us find the ribbons burdensome and just want the toolbars back. At least let use have multiple quick access toolbars and easily arrange them like we could in ArcMap. Ribbons are fine for making things easy for new users, but it just adds unnecessary drilldowns and clicks for professionals. 

JACKSJOSTROM

Just now reviewing ArcPro for the first time. The program seems to be designed for entry level users and touch screens. We need a production environment with ability to create multiple toolbars and move the toolbars close to our work. I agree with Daniel on unnecessary drilldowns. Why the large icons? We need all the maps space we have available on our monitor. We may have to stay with ArcGIS 10.8 until there are improvements for our professional GIS team.