ArcGIS Pro: Please create all the geoprocessing tools exist in ArcGIS Deskop in ArcGIS Pro

07-14-2020 05:26 PM
Labels (1)
naokomeyer1
New Contributor II

Hi!  I think ESRI is working very hard to create wonderful new tools didn't exist in ArcGIS Desktop.

But..  our organization is waiting for the ESRI to create all the geoprocessing tools exist in ArcGIS Desktop in ArcGIS Pro before we are transitioning to ArcGIS Pro.  I don't think we are the only organization waiting for this to happen before moving from ArcGIS Desktop to ArcGIS Pro.

Please consider putting this - creating all the geoprocessing tools exist in ArcGIS Desktop in ArcGIS Pro a priority.

3 Comments
KoryKramer

Hi naoko meyer‌. Thank you for submitting this idea!  We realize that it is extremely important for organizations to be able to transition their ArcMap workflows into ArcGIS Pro, and many of these workflows will include geoprocessing.  Nearly all of the tools are in Pro at this point, but as you mention, obviously some are not: Tools that are not available in ArcGIS Pro—Appendices | Documentation   However, as for being able to address the idea of including all tools from ArcMap, this is not in the plan; for example, there is no plan to bring forward coverage tools. 

Can you list the specific tool or tools that are missing for you to complete your gp work in Pro?  With that, we could update the idea to those specifically.  Thank you!

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @naokomeyer1 

I'm not sure whether you saw my comment back in July, so I wanted to follow up:

Can you list the specific tool or tools that are missing for you to complete your gp work in Pro?  With that, we could update the idea to those specifically.  Thank you!

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed

Closed pending further clarification.