ArcGIS Pro - Allow to un/lock a selection of layout items in one click, rather than enabling individually

09-23-2018 04:22 PM
Labels (1)
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

I have just taken a quick video to show what I am talking about - Imgur - but in essence I would love to be able to select two or more layout items (text, scalebars, images etc), then be able to click on one of the padlock icons to lock this selection of items in one hit. 

Currently we must click each item in the Drawing Order list to lock them, one by one.

A right click (UN)LOCK LAYER toggle button would be great.

You will note when you click and drag over multiple layout items, they are selected in the viewer, and also they are shown selected in the TOC view, so the software has detected the layers that are selected, we just cant do much with it!

5 Comments
KoryKramer

The idea is reviewed and open.  I just wanted to note quickly though that in the video (and THANK YOU for the video by the way as it makes the use case and requested functionality crystal clear!) once you have the multiple elements selected, you could Group, Lock (the group), Ungroup.  I know it isn't ideal, but seems way better than locking each one individually.

BenVan_Kesteren1

Hi Kory, 

Yes thanks very much for the suggestion, I did work that out immediately after posting this idea, but as you mentioned it is a clunky workaround, but not a very functional solution, so the idea is still relevant I think.

Thanks again Kory,

Cheers.

TomBole

Hi Ben, 

You can do this with a single click by pressing the Ctrl key.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

BenVan_Kesteren1

Spot on! That ctrl works a treat!

Now we just need to make that an option in the Right Click menu (lock/unlock) and it will be intuitive and simple for users to find!

Cheers

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Already Offered