ArcGIS Pro 360 Full-Motion videos support

01-22-2023 11:31 PM
Labels (1)
TheodorosLazarou
New Contributor II

Since there are a lot of 360 cameras that can record also motion data it would be great if ArcGIS Pro would support also 360 Full-Motion videos. This could prove very helpful in inspecting road or overhead utilities (power or telephone lines) condition.  As it is, the video player of ArcGIS Pro does not recognize Spherical 360o videos and simply presents them as flat videos and hence distorted.  Also, it would be great to have the ability of map driven controls of the video, so that it would be possible to move the Platform Position along the route on the map and simultaneously the video player will switch to the corresponding frame.

2 Comments
RobertWieder

I would also like it
Greetings from Munich

ClarkSelby

Hi Theodoros, 

Here is one way to effortlessly leverage 360 video in ArcGIS Online and Enterprise:

GeoTube for ArcGIS. This tool seamlessly integrates a YouTube video player directly within ArcGIS Experience Builder.  GeoTube allows users to watch YouTube videos (2D or 360) within the web map while simultaneously displaying the associated location, visualizing the video path, and observing the playback location as features on the map. This enhanced user interface provides a comprehensive and intuitive understanding of the spatial relationship between videos and their corresponding geographic locations. You can learn more about GeoTube here: https://www.nodeology.net/geotube/Visualize in YouTube. Analyze in ArcGIS.Visualize in YouTube. Analyze in ArcGIS.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I'd be glad to give you a demo.  Best, Clark