ArcGIS Pro 2.6: Pro has no equivalent message to “the service being overwritten has a map cache” with the “keep existing map” option,

08-06-2020 12:45 PM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.6: Pro has no equivalent message to “the service being overwritten has a map cache” with the “keep existing map” option,

I got to know that the best practice to transfer cached services from machine A (that has ArcGIS Server installed) to machine B (that has ArcGIS Server installed) is:

- To copy the cached service from machine A to the folder set as cache folder in machine B

- Then the service needs to be published with the “overwritten” option on the ArcGIS Server of machine B

- In ArcMap, the screenshot below is used to pop up to tell that “the service being overwritten has a map cache” along with the “keep existing map” option. Why this message is not available in Pro?

This issue is already reported here:

What is the best practice to transfer\configure already cached service published with ArcMap by usin...

3 Comments
ShilpiJain
Status changed to: Implemented

Please refer to help doc here.

JamalNUMAN

This appears not to work with me

• A cached service is copied from machine A to machine B (C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache)
  • As the map is published (the map has the same name as the name of the cached service), no messages popped up to indicate that cache is available as used to be in ArcMap

Is this by design?

Clip_6.jpgClip_7.jpgClip_8.jpg

ShilpiJain

@JamalNUMAN As I understand from screenshots, the cache is copied at a root location. While publishing the map service, what is the selected folder in General tab of Publish Map Service pane?