ArcGIS Pro 2.5: An option to keep the link between the “weighted overlay” tool and its outputs as the weight percent is modified,

06-21-2020 11:50 PM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: An option to keep the link between the “weighted overlay” tool and its outputs as the weight percent is modified,

It would be great if the behavior of the “weighted overlay” tool is enhanced such that the link is kept as the weight percent is modified

For example, in the screenshot below, as the weight percent is modified, the link between the “weighted overlay” tool and its outputs is broken!

In ArcMap, all goes fine with no issues

7 Comments
KoryKramer

Hi Jamal, I do not see the behavior you're describing.  I see that in the screenshot you provided, you have values that do not add to 100.

Even so, when I looked at this in 2.5.1, I do not see the links being broken between the raster input and the tool.

For now, I've marked this as Not In Current Product Plan, because we need more information before this can be open for voting.  Even with more info, it would be more likely that this would be a bug rather than an idea.

JamalNUMAN

Thanks Kory for the input.

If this is a bug but not “by design” then you can replicate it by considering the little trick below:

You need to add the outputs of the reclassify tools to the content before modifying the influence percent

Steps:

Build the short model shown in the screenshot and run it. It should run successfully

Apply the “add to display” for the outputs of the “reclassify” tools

Now, go back and reverse the order of values in one of the “reclassify” tools

Then go and change the influence percent within the “weighted overlay” tool

The link is broken!

The data is here:

GasStations.gdb 

KoryKramer

Thank you for the clarification, Jamal.  Now I can see what you're describing.  The idea is open again.

JamalNUMAN

This is also happening in “raster calculator” tool in case the yellow layers are used

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This is fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 to see all of the other ideas you can expect to see in this release.

JamalNUMAN

Great

Clip_993.jpg