ArcGIS Pro: 2.4.2: Why the aprx file doesn’t appear in the catalog,

10-28-2019 12:14 AM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro: 2.4.2: Why the aprx file doesn’t appear in the catalog,

I observed that the aprx file doesn’t appear in the catalog. This means that one can’t switch from aprx to another by drag and drop.

19 Comments
KoryKramer
JamalNUMAN

Thanks Kory.

The posted ideas were in 2016 and 2011

I have already voted

deleted-user-4G3UqOpj30Yb

Kory,
While those topics are related they seem to want to dig further into the layer contents of the aprx/mxd files (almost like drilling down through a gdb perhaps?) I think what Jamal, myself, and others want to see is more simple; at the very least we just want to see that aprx in the tree just like we see every other Arc/GIS related file. From there we can open the project (in a new project window no doubt) instead of navigating windows explorer.

Thanks!

Alex

ArcPro catalog window doesn

curtvprice
 think what Jamal, myself, and others want to see is more simple; at the very least we just want to see that aprx in the tree just like we see every other Arc/GIS related file. From there we can open the project (in a new project window no doubt) instead of navigating windows explorer.

I totally agree. Like in ArcMap where you see an MXD and you open it from the catalog, closing the current mxd. Do the same thing with aprx files and projects.

NaicongLi
Status changed to: Under Consideration

JamalNUMAN

Thanks Esri that this idea is under consideration

JamalNUMAN

is this plaaned for 2.8?

KoryKramer

Hi Jamal,

The status was just updated to Under Consideration in January, which you already acknowledged in late February.  The status will be updated to In Product Plan when the team has it included in part of a release plan.  Please review  ArcGIS Idea Statuses document.

Thank you!

JamalNUMAN

Thanks Kory

RoggerCorrea

Please do it! also, please make the aprx only one file like the mxds!