Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 2.0 + SDE Connections in Favorites

07-18-2017 06:44 AM
Labels (1)
JoeFlannery
Regular Contributor II

In ArcGIS Pro 2.0, I am able to add a connection to an enterprise geodatabase (GDB) and tag it as a Favorite.  The GDB connection file is saved to this location as a *.sde file.

If I add (copy/paste) new *.sde connection files that were created by myself or a different ArcGIS Pro user to my C:\Users\...\ArcGISPro\Favorites, they do not dynamically appear in my Pro Favorites pane.  I need to add them manually, one at a time.

If I remove a *.sde file from my C:\Users\...\ArcGISPro\Favorites folder, Pro does not dynamically remove the GDB from my Favorites pane, but instead shows a red exclamation point (!) next to the connection.

What I would like to see is my Favorites pane in Pro dynamically reflect the connection files that are located in my C:\Users\...\ArcGISPro\Favorites folder – like what we see in ArcCatalog. 

This would be helpful, because we have a database administrator who creates the GDB connection files and shares them as *.sde files with the other GIS staff.  This works great with ArcCatalog, but falls short with ArcGIS Pro.

11 Comments
NaicongLi
Status changed to: Under Consideration