Allow the option to align 'center' when setting Numeric Format properties of a field

11-30-2010 07:27 AM
RebeccaMcKinley
New Contributor II

When setting the display properties of a field in a table, you are only allowed to align a numbers to the right or the left.  When I use the 'add table to layout' function, the numbers are shwon in the table at the extreme edge of the column (either right or left depending on how I have set the alignment).  Why is there not an option to align 'center'?  Is there a way I can atleast disply the number with a couple of spaces from the edge of the table when I 'add table to layout'"?

Tags (1)
1 Comment
MichaelHillig1
 Another great idea.  This is yet another example showing that tables and data need to have more flexibility when adding to layout. Text alignment, font color, font size, font style, color of background, line thickness, line type, line color,  etc., etc., etc. Let's take a look at Microsoft Word, or Excel or any other number of programs and let's use these as examples of what we would like to and should be able to do with tables when we add them to our layouts.