Allow Images and Short Videos/GIFs in Pro Tasks

07-14-2020 09:45 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pro Tasks are fantastic and useful, but the instructions can be hard to follow for more visual users. It would be great if we could include images/screenshots, and/or short videos/GIFs in the instruction section to show users how to use the tools. Please consider adding that capability in the Tasks  instructions section! This would save time for both the users and for the Task creators, because they would be able to follow instructions much easier with a visual, and the tasks are generally created as a way to allow the support team to have more time to assist with new and unique problems by providing a tool to users for common tasks/issues.

Tags (3)
5 Comments
Joseph_Kinyon

I would like to pile on this good idea.
Having visual examples to complement written instructions is rather handy.

Implement HTML or other pop-up quality code.
We can insert links to images and videos, which is great

Adding images inline seems like a logical evolution of the Task Designer's abilities.

Holding a user's had through a task to reinforce decisions with clear examples in the Task Pane would be a welcome imrovement to this feature.

AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Embedding pictures and/or videos can get complicated... where are those stored? what formats are supported? encodings? players? size setting and constraints, play settings,  capabilities... but we know we want to support it.

m3
by

I'm confused why you are asking us how to store images in your software.  If tasks are in a db, images could be blobs, otherwise they could go in the directory where the tasks are stored on our local drives. I don't know how you are storing tasks.

You can limit it to PNG, JPG, GIF (animated), or whatever you decide.  If I were king for a day that's what I would do and if people want to embed videos, I would give them an embed option since there are too many codecs to support.  

Obviously links to external images would work too but not everyone has hosting abilities so just basic links to network storages or cloud storage images would work too.

KoryKramer

@m3 Thanks for the comment! Be sure to add your kudos to the idea to show your support!

AmirBar-Maor

@m3 The intent was not to confuse you but to:

1. Identify business requirements (storage, format)
  2. Show that while the problem sounds simple its implementation is not.

Thanks for your comments - they are valuable to us.

Amir