Allow HTML Popup Button to identify Coincident Data

02-05-2014 10:33 AM
DaynaKaspar
New Contributor III
In my use of the HTML popup button, I have found that it will not recognize coincident data.  So if I have two identical polygons for the same block, but differnent informatoin for each polygon, it will only identify the polygon that is on top.  Shouldn't this button behave the same as the Identify and Hyperlink buttons where they give you an option of everything that is available where you click?  I am trying to use these popups for a presentation but right now they are not fit for purpose since I can only see the top items.  I have read some help documents where this option is available if you are dealing with a webmap, but I think it would be beneficial to have this option available for desktop.
Tags (1)
1 Comment
JohnStreeb
Another option for you, as at least some-what of a work around might be for you to take all the layers in your mxd and save them as a layer package (can group all the layers and save as one layer package).  Then you could get and install ArcGIS Explorer for Desktop (free) and open the layer package there.  Some of the pop-up functionality there may be more along the lines of what you are wanting as it's closer to web-maps in some of that functionality than the core ArcGIS Desktop applications.