Allow export graphics layer to features

09-16-2021 04:40 AM
Labels (1)
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

ArcPro now has graphics layers for a map which you can capture ad hoc graphics into. I especially like the fact you can have many graphic layers. ArcPro also has Map notes which compliment the graphics layers.

In ArcMap you could convert graphics captured on a map into a featureclass. The current version of ArcPro (2.8) appears to not allow you to convert\export graphics out of graphics layer into a featureclass. You can share them into a layer file but not actually convert them into more concrete features in a featureclass.

My idea is to enable the graphics layer to export it's graphics to a featureclass or at least into a Map notes layer. I would envisage this functionality to be an option in the pop-up menu when you right click on a graphics layer in the contents panel

3 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

This would be the partner to  Converting features to graphics in ArcGIS Pro - Esri Community  

We expect this functionality to be available in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 which is planned to be released by the end of the year.

Thank you!

MichaelVolz

This is awesome!!!  Kory do you know when the Early Adopter (Beta) program will begin for Pro 2.9?

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.  See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.9