Align text and graphic elements in layout to last item selected

02-05-2019 05:57 AM
Labels (1)
SterlingLoetz5
New Contributor III

There needs to be the ability to align items in layouts such as text and graphic elements to the last item selected. For example in ArcMap if I have a scale bar, a rectangle, and some text I can select the items in that order and if I align to center, the items will all align to the text because it was the last item selected in the group.

6 Comments
JakubSisak

This is driving me crazy! The workaround is to have a lot of patience and drag the individual items manually and wait for the snap line to appear. Doing this 30 times isn't fun. 

JohnDeLoretta3

I did not see that this to be the case. Selecting first, last, or anything aligns to the center of all selected features. Very frustrating. I was excited when I saw this solution.

by Anonymous User

The change in element alignment is actually a game breaker for me. Not being able to align to the specific element that I want the other elements aligned to makes my map layout creation infinitely more frustrating and time consuming.

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 (in Pro elements are aligned to the first selected element to align with existing behavior such as merge shapes workflows).

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and (5:04) in the video.

GregoireS

I find much more natural to align to the last item selected, as asked here. You chose the opposite in order "to align with existing behavior such as merge shapes workflows".

Please just give us the possibility to choose in the options.