Add Pie Charts to ArcGIS Pro Tabular Charts

07-02-2018 07:19 AM
Labels (1)
SimonKettle
Occasional Contributor III

Can you include Pie Chart into ArcGIS Pro Tabular Charts?

There are currently 8 chart options as per version 2.2 including Bar Charts, Scatter Plots, Histograms, Lines Charts etc... It is possible to use Bar Chart's, rather than Pie charts, to show proportional divisions of data but sometimes Pie Charts look so much better.

Can you introduce Pie Charts as a tabular chart type?

We want pie charts!

12 Comments
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

+1, seems trivial not sure why this wasnt included in original release?

SimonKettle

Exactly the same thoughts... 🙂

JohannaPrüssmann

It's really weird that this type of chart is not available. I  think this option would be very useful.

I heard it had to do something about  people sometimes misusing them, like it is stated in this very interesting blog post. However, if they are available in dashboards, I don't see why they can't be available in Pro. Just make the users aware on how to use them properly.

ScottLehto3

Just migrated to ArcGIS Pro and I can't find a pie chart is the list of charts. I was really hoping it was just me.......

MJames
by

The charting capability in ArcGIS Pro is great, however I think a large portion ArcGIS Pro users would really appreciate being able to make a pie chart. Seems like a simple enough feature to add from a programming stand point and the fact it isn't an option already seems quiet strange.

ctalleygreenville

Yes, please add a basic pie chart.  I have encountered several instances where I need this to add a quick display of showing the percent of total for a small number of categories (less than 4).  So, I end up exporting the chart data to Excel, creating the pie chart there and copying and pasting the chart to the layout.  Would be so much easier if the option existed in Pro.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

ChristophHoeser

Now, one year in production plan, with no results. While the much more complicated data clock is available. And dashboards from ESRI  do have pie charts available as well, so the programmers do have an idea. I think it is just no one is listening at ESRI to customers.

KoryKramer

@ChristophHoeser We're listening! We're just putting the final touches on the video and blog to share with Esri Community members to let you know that we have implemented ~66 of your ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 - status change coming soon...

Have you checked out ArcGIS Pro 3.1 yet? https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/whats-new-in-arcgis-pro.htm

KoryKramer_0-1678369497377.png

See https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/charts/pie-chart.htm. With the ability to morph from a pie to a donut, these are by far the most delicious charts in ArcGIS Pro.

AmeliaBradshaw
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.1.

The Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 blog will be wrapped up soon, highlighting all Ideas implemented in this release, including this one. Once complete, I will add the link to this comment.