Add new functionality to License Manager - Usage & Analysis Tools

03-22-2010 03:33 PM
Labels (1)
SanjayLala1
New Contributor II
Add posibility to see and account for the use of the licenses  at License Manager in terms of how many licenses , for how long and by whom are used.
Usefull to monitor use of licenses, in order to dimension number and level of Desktop licenses need in organization.
49 Comments
MikeCusi

Hi Alex, Can you give me a link where I can get this one by Julie. It does not seem to be available anywhere.

Cheers,

Mike

RebeccaStrauch__GISP

Mike Cusi   Just in case this will help, if you have access to the lmstat.exe, I create a chk<>.bat for each of my license servers...just a one liner....or two if you want to echo the name of the server.  I have the lmstat.exe and the .bat files in the same folder, and have a shortcut to open a cmd window to this folder, so it's quick to then run the .bat files.

Sample of the .bat files....note: listing as one showing the echo and using the server-name, server-ip.  You should only need one of these lines.  The last line would probably work if you use a different port than the default (if you do this for the firewall issue...which we don't use anymore).  

echo  *** machine name  <license_server_name and/or license_server_IP>  ***
lmutil lmstat -a -c @<license_server_name>

lmutil lmstat -a -c @<license_server_IP>

lmutil lmstat -a -c <portNumber>@<license_server_IP>

This is just a quick look at what is being used right now.  Occasionally it can get out of sync and will show a false positive, but this usually indicates a hung license, and a re-read on the license manager usually clear this up.  fwiw.

Juerg_J_Engel

Zurzeit bin ich nicht im Büro. Ihr Mail wird nicht weiter geleitet. Ich bearbeite Ihr Mail ab 27. März 2018. Besten Dank.

MikeCusi

Thanks Rebecca Strauch, I have a batch file set up to run just that in task scheduler triggered every hour and appending to an output text file. I would like however, to have a quick GUI license query tool which I suppose is what "WhereHaveAllTheLicensesGone" is supposed to be. Cheers, Mike

Juerg_J_Engel

Zurzeit bin ich nicht im Büro. Ihr Mail wird nicht weiter geleitet. Ich bearbeite Ihr Mail ab 27. März 2018. Besten Dank.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP

Mike Cusi   I found and zipped a 2004 version that was on my computer.  I don't think I can attach it here (on an ideas page), so I modified one of my other posts and uploaded there.

https://community.esri.com/message/8983-using-lmutil-lmstat-to-check-license-mgr-v10-status-on-a-rem... 

Because it is not my tool and don't use it myself, I can not give any help on the tool, but it looks like Julie's profile is not active.  I think there are posted tweaks for getting it to run with other versions.   

Juerg_J_Engel

MikeCusi

Thanks Rebecca. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

Juerg_J_Engel