Add Data - favorites

01-16-2014 07:54 AM
Labels (1)
LynnMoe
New Contributor II

It would be awesome if under the add data arrow there was a "favorites" option that you could point to folder locations, services and geodatabases used frequently.  This function could be similar to bookmarks/favorties in web browsers.

6 Comments
KoryKramer

This idea is still applicable to ArcGIS Pro.  Adding this comment on behalf of Nate Strout:

"I’d like to see favorited folder connections (and maybe db connections) added to the Open/Browse dialogs – specifically helpful for adding data and creating a new project.

Something like this:"

NaicongLi
Status changed to: Under Consideration

wayfaringrob

Bizarre that they added this to catalog view but not the Add Data dialogue. I don't use the catalog view all that often, so it'd be great if it were consistent.

PROBERT68

Has anyone in here have a luck adding Favorites to the "Add Data" to get access to your hard drive aka C drive ?

Here is a example of what I am talking about :

PROBERT68_0-1655925870703.png

But when you open Catalog Pane, it is there for you to access to OS(C:) hard drive ?

Is there a way around to add the Favorites like the one in Catalog Pan in the dialog box for the Add Data ??

PROBERT68_1-1655925870842.png

Please add the Favorite to the Add Data to do list !!!!

NaicongLi
Status changed to: In Product Plan

AmeliaBradshaw
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.1.

The Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 blog will be wrapped up soon, highlighting all Ideas implemented in this release, including this one. Once complete, I will add the link to this comment.