Add Additional Details in Catalog View in ArcGIS PRO

05-03-2018 11:57 AM
Labels (1)
SeanHlousek
Occasional Contributor III

It would be good to add additional Details to the Catalog View (and Catalog Pane).  

Right now Maps and Layouts have a column for Date but nothing is populated.  Date is only populated in Databases.  

Date should be populated for all elements that are visible in Catalog.

Additionally the Document Path should be an additional column to help us ensure that we are pathed to correct data. 

Snapshot of Catalog View Showing Maps with no Dates and no Document Paths

58 Comments
KoryKramer

In terms of seeing paths, it looks like you have a number of maps in the same project.  So is the need to know the path of where that project is?  Or you would also like to see paths of anything (when applicable) that you're browsing in the Catalog View?

There are a couple of features now that might be helpful to you:

When I'm browsing data, I can click in the bar up top to see the path.  Before click:

After click:

There is also the Show Pop-ups option:

And you also might be interested in Browse other project’s map frames and Layouts from Project panel

KoryKramer

Thanks, Sean.  Very helpful info.

MitchHolley1

I need this!

JimThomas

I need feature class Size and Modified Date added.

JohnSobetzer

I whole heartedly agree with Jim's comment.   I have to use ArcCatalog to look at sizes and dates, so I generally try to avoid using the Catalog View.  The lack of size and date info is one thing I've always hated about the Catalog pane in Pro or ArcMap as well.  The popup when using the Catalog pane is a distraction that doesn't provide any useful information to me when I have the hierarchy tree.  Too bad the popup isn't customizable to show data I want to see.  The popup when using Catalog View in Pro provides a path which is a help but that's only because Catalog View doesn't show a hierarchy at least as far as I've been able to discover. 

AlexBrasch

Dates are integral to good data mgmt. Please make this a priority. Not including pre-existing capabilities in Pro is keeping me and my team from making the switch from Desktop to Pro.

LJTerrill

The date column is populated when I navigate to a folder that contains a file geodatabase, but when I navigate into the file geodatabase itself, the date column is empty.  I need to see geodatabase object dates.  Both created and modified.  And object sizes.  In fact, I want to customize the fields for display like I currently do in Desktop ArcCatalog.

JakeGalyon

Additional Details would be needed for our organization (size, date modified, etc.)

JaneSchafer-Kramer

I also need to see the modified date of the contents of the file geodatabases, not just the geodatabase.

SereneOng1

I'm adding my vote to have Date Modified and Size to gdb content like Feature Classes, Tables, etc... in the Catalog View.  This is functionality I use very often from ArcCatalog.  Thanks.