Ability to Sort/Manually Reorder Favorites in Catalog Pane

02-16-2021 05:12 PM
Labels (1)
ChristopherBowering
Occasional Contributor II

Currently, there is no way to sort/order favorites within the Catalog Pane.  The favorites are in the order of which they are added.  In the Catalog View there are a few sorting options for favorites but as soon as you exit the View, the sorting does not carry over to the Pane.  I think it would be quite beneficial to have both sorting options, like in the Catalog View, as well as the ability to manually order Favorites as desired.  My favorites list currently has database connections, folder connections and toolboxes scattered about...I would like to be able to better group/organize these favorites.

4 Comments
NaicongLi
Status changed to: In Product Plan

ChristopherBowering

I am (pleasantly) taken aback by the quick response and status update indicating that this is in the product plan.  Would you guess this would be included in one of the next couple patches/updates based on how quickly you were able to provide the answer?  Thanks!

NaicongLi

Hello Christopher,

This functionality will not in be in a 2.7 patch, however it will be in the upcoming 2.8 release. 

Thank you very much for your feedback!

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.  Works in both the Catalog pane as well as Catalog view.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 as well for all of the other ideas you can expect to find when you're able to upgrade.