Ability to modify cursor for Create Feature and Georeferencing

10-03-2020 01:42 PM
Labels (2)
CynthiaRoush1
New Contributor III

I find it very difficult to see the cursor (a thin cross) when creating and modifying features (in ArcGIS Pro) and when georeferencing. In both these cases, I imagine the reason for a small thin cross is to avoid obscuring the features you are working with and to make it easier to see the exact point you are choosing. But it needs to be possible to change it in some way because it is very difficult to see on a complex background.  Maybe a certain key could be held down to temporarily toggle to a larger cursor (as C is for panning and Space is for snapping). I would consider this an accessibility issue. 

5 Comments
ChrisChandler1

I completely agree. The cursor, in editing mode, is too small. It literally gets lost while trying to digitize over almost any color combinations in scanned images or other data sources. It would be great to have an option in settings to change the cursor or make adjustments to it (size, color, style, etc.).

DanielMurillo

Hello, we would like to be able as a user to change the appereance of the sketch pointer when drawing lines, specifically we would like it to be able to switch from a cross that is now to a circle with a centroid.

UGMLANAMME

Hello! I would like you to implement a editing symbol like this:Edicion_requerimiento (2).jpeg

JonathonMerrick

I really think this idea should be implemented sooner than later. I also like the idea of pressing a key and having your cursor change temporarily to make it easier to see.  I run a resolution of 3840x2160 on my PC and the cursor becomes very hard to spot. Play the "find my  cursor game" in the following video screen capture to get an idea of what we're talking about here.

JamesKurbel

The recommended resolution of my display is 3840 x 2400.  When the display is set to this resolution, the editing cursor is very small making it difficult to snap to an existing feature when creating new features.  The cursor box is much easier to see if the display is changed to 1920 x 2400 resolution.  I would suggest an option to be able to adjust the size of the of the cursor box regardless of screen resolution.  This would be similar to what one can do in various CAD programs.   This would also be an ease of access/accessability option for those who are visually impaired.

Cursor box at 3840 x 2400 resolution:

3840 x 2400 Res.png

Cursor at 1920 x 1200 resolution:

1920 x 1200 Res.png

Option in AutCAD to adjust Pickbox?cursor size:

AutoCAD-Options-Selection-Tab-Cursor-Sizes.jpg