ArcGIS Pro 2.7 Patch 1 is Available

02-02-2021 10:00 AM

ArcGIS Pro 2.7 Patch 1 is Available

The ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1 patch is now available for download from My Esri as well as through the software update (if enabled).

My Esri:

AaronFalk_0-1612286565723.png

To get the latest fixes please install this patch, and for a list of issues addressed you can review the Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.7.

Note: ArcGIS Pro 2.7 must be installed prior to installing any ArcGIS Pro 2.7 patches.

Also, here is additional information about Minor Releases and Patches

Comments

BUG-000136364: There are missing graphics in the existing ArcGIS Pr.. (esri.com)

doesn't seem to match the description for the bug number and explanation in the Release notes link

Anonymous User

Thanks @DanPatterson  that is definitely an error.

I don't know if this is just me or not, but twice I've attempted to run this update, and twice I've gotten a BSOD once it tries to start installing.  Anyone else running into this? It's probably just me.

Downloading the .msp file and installing worked fine for me Andrew. Haven't tried doing the update from within Pro.

I'll try that. The last couple times I've tried now I don't get the bsod, a window appears that states the installer failed and that I should check to see if it is legit and a huge error log, haha. So that's progress? 😛

I ran the update inside Pro, and when it completes and starts the application, I still get the "Updates Available" notification. 

One of my coworkers is seeing the same. 

Did we do something wrong?

Any idea when the bug of dropping layout graphics will be resolved? @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User

@SBrandenburg  I am not seeing this specific synopsis. Do you have the BUG number by chance?

BUG-000136364. I was told this would be resolved in 2.7.1 and it was not to my knowledge. I encountered dropped layout graphics in 2.7.1. 

Anonymous User

Ah yes. With the rectangle frames. This is marked as fixed and I am not reproducing it in 2.7.1. I wonder if it is the exact issue or similar/variant. Are you able to connect with support to evaluate the behavior your are seeing in 2.7.1? @SBrandenburg 

It seems to be the exact same issue as 2.7. I have 2 dozen plus layouts I don't have time to recreate them as suggested in the workaround (delete and re add). I don't expect ESRI Support to provide much help since they will see that it has been supposedly fixed in 2.7.1. @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User

Hi @SBrandenburg  If this is by chance the same issue and not accounting for this specific situation, we will need to have it evaluated to be able to understand the situation, or if the patch didn't "take." Support will evaluate by attempting to reproduce the problem as you describe it If you submit a case, please provide me the number and I can try to look at it  with them.

I will log a case. The lines and text that are preserved in a 2.7.1 export layout to PDF are mostly grouped, locked, elements. The legend also exports correctly, and is a standalone, unlocked element, so I am not sure if there is much consistency. @Anonymous User 

Version history
Last update:
‎02-02-2021 10:00 AM
Updated by:
Anonymous User