This Week's Picks - ArcGIS Pro

10-17-2019 09:52 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
8 2 1,675

The Product Advocacy team at Esri is excited to introduce an unofficial recurring GeoNet series: “This Week’s Picks.” As Product Advocacy Leads, we are always on the lookout for content that is compelling and insightful but also relevant. "This Week's Picks" aims to share some of our favorites with you.

For This Week's Picks – ArcGIS Pro, the theme is editing within the broader context of Data Management. We all know that data management is a key aspect of the ArcGIS Platform. Data prep, compilation and management are essential to get to the eventual end goal. That goal may also require creating, modifying, querying or deleting features. As such, I will be highlighting 3 blogs this week that touch on some of these concepts.

1. For users newer to ArcGIS Pro editing, an excellent blog from this summer explaining the editing experience:

Don't Fret It, Just Edit! (Demystifying how editing works in ArcGIS Pro)

Why I like it: A common ArcGIS Pro editing support topic involves how it is “different” than ArcMap. For users             new to ArcGIS Pro editing, this blog breaks down ArcGIS Pro editing and explains in a clear way how it differs             from ArcMap. It also clarifies some of the misconceptions about editing in Pro.

Further readingEditing in ArcGIS Pro

2. The next blog is geared toward user’s who have an editing workflow involving ArcGIS Enterprise alongside ArcGIS Pro and want to increase editing and querying performance:

Performance Enhancements: Using sourceSpatialReference with feature services in ArcGIS Pro

Why I like it: This blog discusses how to leverage sourceSpatialReference with feature services in ArcGIS Pro  (new at 2.4) in your editing and querying workflows. This enhancement allows server to do less work on the back end by avoiding projecting the data on the fly. This is particularly good for large datasets and complex  geometries. (NOTE: Requires ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 and later)

3. The last blog showcases some of the expanded offline editing capabilities in ArcGIS Pro, specifically with sync and mobile geodatabases:

Go off the grid with ArcGIS Pro: Offline editing with sync enabled feature services

Why I like it: Details a lightweight workflow for extending feature service capabilities to use mobile geodatabases and sync capabilities so that you can bring data offline for editing and other analysis and still sync back with enterprise environments.

Supplemental Video: Offline Editing in ArcGIS Pro

Stay tuned for more picks on a variety of ArcGIS Pro related topics and if you are interested, you can also check out “This Weeks Picks” for ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise!

2 Comments
TonyGroeneveld2
New Contributor III

The link from point 1 is not working. A search of the blog posts finds it but again the link doesn't work.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Tony. I tested it now and it loaded so I ran it through a link checker and it is validating. Are you still having issues? What type of message are you seeing?