Choose centerline not working

Jump to solution
06-04-2019 12:55 PM
DirkPeterson2
New Contributor III

I'm trying to add a centerline to a brand new PODS 7 database.  When I get to the part about choosing a centerline in this document:  Create a new route—ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing for ArcGIS Pro User Help | ArcGIS Desktop , I cannot choose my centerline.  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TracyThorleifson
New Contributor III

Dirk, you haven't supplied enough detail to effectively answer your question. However, be aware that the PODS 7 geodatabase, as downloaded from the PODS website, is not fully enabled for location referencing. You still have to run the LRS configuration tools, e.g. Create LRS From Existing Dataset. If you haven't run those LRS configuration tools, none of the tools in the Location Referencing ribbon will recognize the PODS 7 LRS layers as valid LRS layers, so you wouldn't be able to do things like choose centerline features. Hope this helps, and please forgive me if you've already run those LRS configuration tools. (In which case, there is some other problem.)

Best regards,

Tracy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TracyThorleifson
New Contributor III

Dirk, you haven't supplied enough detail to effectively answer your question. However, be aware that the PODS 7 geodatabase, as downloaded from the PODS website, is not fully enabled for location referencing. You still have to run the LRS configuration tools, e.g. Create LRS From Existing Dataset. If you haven't run those LRS configuration tools, none of the tools in the Location Referencing ribbon will recognize the PODS 7 LRS layers as valid LRS layers, so you wouldn't be able to do things like choose centerline features. Hope this helps, and please forgive me if you've already run those LRS configuration tools. (In which case, there is some other problem.)

Best regards,

Tracy

0 Kudos
DirkPeterson2
New Contributor III

I was just getting ahead of myself because I had not created the centerline in PODS yet.  This is the first PODS that I have set up, and just got a bit flustered after reading the configuration guide.

0 Kudos