Append Events Error/bug?

Jump to solution
12-09-2019 01:55 PM
lah
by
New Contributor III

Hello!

I keep getting this error when using the Append Events tool. I can't find any documentation stating that all fields need to be mapped, so is this just a bug? I just want it to write NULLs like the normal Append tool would, but I need to generate shapes and Unique IDs, so I can't use the normal Append. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DirkPeterson2
New Contributor III

Larissa,

Just think of it like so many other ESRI quirks that are not documented.  I think if your source data has the fields but are null, then you will be able to map them.  I have been working with it for the past few weeks, and found that I had forgot one field and couldn't do an append until I added the field (even though it had a null).  I agree that it should be documented somewhere, but I was unable to find it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DirkPeterson2
New Contributor III

Larissa,

Just think of it like so many other ESRI quirks that are not documented.  I think if your source data has the fields but are null, then you will be able to map them.  I have been working with it for the past few weeks, and found that I had forgot one field and couldn't do an append until I added the field (even though it had a null).  I agree that it should be documented somewhere, but I was unable to find it.

0 Kudos