Adding polylines to Centerline feature class

Jump to solution
02-08-2021 10:27 AM
ГригорийНедаев
New Contributor II

Hi, i have some questions about location referencing tool in ArcGIS Pro.

I am trying to create a Linear Referencing System based on UPDM 2019 Data model using Location Referencing Tool in ARCGis Pro. And as far as I understand I can add polylines to Centerline feature class only by adding routes to the LRS Network. In this case geometry of routes dublicates to Centerline feature class.

I have 2 LRS Networks which have identical geometry, but different M-values and when i try to load routes, it leads to duplicate geometry in the Centerline feature class.

Do I have any other ways to add popylines to the Centerline Feature class without adding geometry to Routes feature class or not to duplicate geometry in my case?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

APR supports Multiple linear referencing methods. Based on the requirement for the LRS Networks, the secondary could be a Derived Network. Follow the steps to Create an LRS Network (secondary)  and check the Derive From Line Network check box.

However, the secondary network could be such that it may not be derived from the primary. In that case, Create another LRS Network providing the specific properties needed. The second Network created will be independent of the first. You can use Location Referencing Tools to Translate Measures  from one network to the other. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

APR supports Multiple linear referencing methods. Based on the requirement for the LRS Networks, the secondary could be a Derived Network. Follow the steps to Create an LRS Network (secondary)  and check the Derive From Line Network check box.

However, the secondary network could be such that it may not be derived from the primary. In that case, Create another LRS Network providing the specific properties needed. The second Network created will be independent of the first. You can use Location Referencing Tools to Translate Measures  from one network to the other. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos