Add Calibration points tool

09-08-2021 05:25 AM
ГригорийНедаев
New Contributor II

Hi, I have question, related with "Add Calibration point" tool.

I appennded routes via "Append Routes" tool, generate it and want to add some additional points. Here on the picture you can see my route (red color) and centerline (blue color).

_0-1631106803884.png

For some reason after adding calibration point  the route has changed its geometry, but the centerline has not.

_1-1631106870022.png

Moreover, when the geometry has changed, I can no longer add calibration points.

Are there any ideas why the geometry changed after adding the calibration point?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@ГригорийНедаев 

Here's my assumption of your workflow:

1. Append Routes
  2. Generate Routes
  3. Add Calibration Points

Between step 1 and 2, you should either:

Generate calibration points

OR Append to Calibration Points (in case there are pre-existing points to be bulk loaded)

Thereafter, Generate Routes (#2) and validate routes have measures using Identify Route. If no measures, the Generate Route GP log will specify the errors. All calibration errors should be resolved before proceeding with other route edits like adding Calibration Points (#3).

Add Calibration Point tool is used against the Route Network and there is no resulting shape change to the route geometry. Assuming the edits are being performed in a version, rollback and repeat your steps per suggestions above.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos