planarize tool

10-07-2020 11:23 AM
MahindaAbeykoon
New Contributor III

I am testing Parcel fabric with County data. I used 'Planarize tool' to split lines at intersections. It shoots an error "Unable to planarize. Only simple features can be processed.' I have been using the same tool with same data before. Now cannot. Do you know why?

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mahinda,

Can you let us know

what version of pro you are using?

What is the data source (file geodatabase or feature service)

Is this consistently reproducible on the same data or data outside a parcel fabric?

Thanks

Sean

0 Kudos
MahindaAbeykoon
New Contributor III

Thank you for responding to my GeoNet question. I am still having this issue with this project. I was using this tool successfully at the beginning in this project. Answers are:

what version of pro you are using? – 2.6.2

What is the data source (file geodatabase or feature service) – We are still testing (researching) Parcel Fabric adaptability for the County’s GIS services department, so it is in a file geodatabase for the time being.

Is this consistently reproducible on the same data or data outside a parcel fabric? I tested the same data in the same project this morning too . Same issue, Plenaries tool was giving the same error. Soon after this email I will test with a new project and the same data. Then New Project with new data in different file geodatabase.

I will let you know the result. In the meantime if you want me to share my screen for you to see the error, please let me know.

Thanks again

Mahinda Abeykoon, GISP

Sr. GIS Analyst, GIS Services,

Information Technology Services,

Sedgwick County, 271 W. 3rd St. N, Suite 602, Wichita, KS 67202

(316) 660-9292, mahinda.abeykoon@sedgwick.gov<mailto:mahinda.abeykoon@sedgwick.gov>

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Mahinda,

Did you already install 2.6.3?

If yes - would you mind repeating the process and reporting?

Thanks,

Amir

0 Kudos