Parcel Fabric Record boundary after parcel adjustment

Jump to solution
11-29-2021 11:39 AM
Labels (1)
BinhLe
by
New Contributor II

We started working in parcel fabric environment using 2.6.x ArcGIS Pro. We notice when we make a record and created parcels, the record boundary doesn't change after we adjust the parcels. Is this a bug or intended? We want the record footprint to adjust with the parcels. The only way we can do this now is to adjust the parcels first then add the record. This seems to defeat the purpose of the record driven workflow. How do you adjust record boundaries after parcel adjustment?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BinhLe
by
New Contributor II

That works! Thank you Amir!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@BinhLe 
The record geometry is the 'footprint' of the transaction. We don't update the record geometry as a result of any update that occurs to the parcel because of a potential performance hit.

If you want the footprint to match the parcels exactly you can run Build (either Active record or extent).

BinhLe
by
New Contributor II

That works! Thank you Amir!

0 Kudos
Heather_Campbell
New Contributor II

Hi Amir,

I ran the Build tool using both the Build Active and Build Extent options, but the Record footprint is not updating. I tried running it while in the active Record of the specific Record I was interested in, and have also tried just running the "Build Parcel Fabric" geoprocessing tool on its own (with no active Record in the map). In all cases, the footprint has not been updating.

Do you know what might prevent the Record footprint from updating?

0 Kudos